Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I look beyond the garden before me and at a larger landscape, the bigger picture of our country and the meaning of thanks-giving for me.

Thanksgiving Day is primarily a harvest festival celebrated by Canada and the United States, but despite that I believe we should all take time to think about that for which we are truly thankful. Consider writing it down. I hope you will do your own soul searching in an attempt to understand what your life is really about and that for which you are most grateful. Here are a few of the things which I hold dear.

Perhaps first and foremost is our freedom, for without that our families lives would not be the same... for without them, we will have turned back the hands of time.

I am thankful... that my grandparents safely fled Communist Russia, and that although times remained difficult, they were able to feed and raise a family without fear for their well being, and their values and ethics were bestowed upon us,

... for the people who believe in this great country, that remember that upon which this country is based, and are willing to stand up and defend her for each of us,

... that we are a generous people who give unselfishly to those in need,

... for the love, health and happiness my husband (my best friend) and I share,

... for our children and grandchildren and that they are healthy and loved,

... that we are blessed with a wonderful family and truly great friends,

... for our faith and all the beauty in this world,

... for this moment...

And in that spirit we wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and say thank you for being an important part of our lives.