Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our Garden Helpers

The garden is so alive and beautiful as I write: the early morning light brushes the landscape awake, and the birds sing their chorus proudly, and not just now, but every day and from daybreak to sunset. The birds are indeed more plentiful and varied than previous years, and at every shrub or tree they speak their voice. At times I feel as though I'm at a tennis match as they whiz back and forth as has just occurred: a pair of Varied Thrush were outside my window, but I was unable to react quickly enough.

The bad news is that I did something to my back nearly a week ago and am unable to bend over or sit for very long. The good news is I saw the doctor yesterday, he prescribed medication to relieve the pain, and I discovered I could recline and edit photos at the same time. (wink) Enjoy your week and these wonderful garden helpers:

Dark-eyed "Oregon" Junco, wrens, Chickadee, garden snake, Skilton or Western Skinks fighting, another lizard, Goldfinch, House Finch, Northern Flicker, Red-breasted Sapsucker, Spotted Towhee, and the House wrens have taken over the new Bluebird house, where no bluebird has come; Black-headed Grosbeak, immature Western Tanager, Western Tailed-Blue (Echo Blue), Western Tiger Swallowtail...