Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

I do hope your Father's Day weekend was as fun and relaxing as ours. My husband and I traveled to the coast as part of his celebration and visited friends and enjoyed their great surroundings.

We carried with us two nice Pinot Noirs to accompany the fresh smoked tuna hor d'erves I had made, and later in the evening we had the benefit of dining at a small local restaurant. Deliciously prepared crab encrusted halibut was relished by each of us. Hmm. . . I could go for more.

In addition to enjoying our friends, we were introduced to this little resident. Immediately she allowed me to touch her. . . knows how to warm my heart.

Apparently she cannot see very well at times, so on occasion as she plays she may misjudge and run into a wall, but not to be deterred, for Tsunami tries it again. Stunningly beautiful, don't you think?

And what would a trip to the coast be without driving a portion of our favorite stretch of highway and stopping to view Heceta Head?

Oh yes. . . traveling to a new nursery and buying a few outstanding plants was in order.

The bright blue and cloudless sky and delightfully cool mid-to-high 50 temperatures transitioned quickly to 70 as we drove inland from the coast to return home.