Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's A New Day, A New Year

Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!”

~ William Arthur Ward

Visit SkyWatch here
for beautiful skies around the world



Where did it go... 2010 that is?

If your life is as ours, there never seems to be enough time in the day to accomplish all we thought we could. And although the body reminds... you really shouldn't be doing that, the mind takes over and says I'm anxious to go at it. Today is a new day, a new month, a new year, I am one year older, and it is another year to live!

We accomplished much last year: ordered our new organic heirloom seeds and made soil blocks for seed starting; enjoyed the spring flower garden and made a few more raised beds for vegetables; harvested our produce, canned salsa, pickles and pesto... ; heirloom tomatoes were frozen... we cooked, traveled a bit, enjoyed the many birds and wildlife in our garden. We continue to appreciate the fruits of our labor, love our time with family, friends and neighbors, and of course share our ideas here and appreciate learning from each of you, our friends around the world.

Now we look forward to this years gardening season. Can you believe I already ordered and received 5 new heirloom bean seeds? I don't know where I am going to plant them, but we will find a space.

Additionally, Pete and I have been extremely busy this past week trying to get our hoop house (high tunnel) completed in between rain drops and below freezing temperatures. If all goes well, we should have it pretty well under wrap this afternoon with sunny skies and 47 degrees F. Now how excited do you think I am about getting an early start on some lettuce, spinach, brassicas... and extending our growing season?