Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kodak Z1012 Malfunction

Friends came for dinner and a visit last evening and the tomato-mozzarella-basil salad was not only quite palatable, but very colorful and worth a photograph; however, all the photos I took yesterday morning and evening, including that of the beautiful varieties of tomatoes, have disappeared from my camera, with the exception of two (2) garden shots! Upon discovering that this morning, I was a bit put out, but that is just the way it was.

Fearing that my little 3-year old digital Kodak might go kaput, we decided to purchase a new one last December when they went on sale, a Kodak Z1012 with a 12x optical zoom, and we have been fairly satisfied with the quality of photos and the camera until the last several weeks.

Let me first say it eats batteries, but the more important issue is the zoom has been malfunctioning the past several weeks, and on occasion the camera has difficulty closing. It simply freezes. I wonder what Kodak will do about it.

Oh yes, the two garden shots:

This near-full blossom of the Eucomis 'Sparkling Burgundy' ...


and the Echinacea and Sedums


are what I have to offer from yesterday.