Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dinner In The Gazebo

My husband's brother came to visit yesterday afternoon, a welcome event; and along with the robust heat of the day shifting toward a most pleasurable evening as the cool breeze burst from the west, we would have dinner in the gazebo!

A small grilled pork loin chop for each, and fresh from the garden, asparagus and a salad of mixed greens, spinach, radish and sweet onions... add a little vinaigrette... simple, delicious and complete with a nice glass of wine.

This was my view this evening of our favorite lilac; although beginning to fade she continues to provide much beauty and fragrance and was part of our total evening experience.

This morning, as I look at the blue sky and wonder from whence the forecast rain will come, a drop of some 20 degrees in daytime temperature will find me doing what I love... working in the garden.