Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why Did I Do This

My husband and I have reaped the benefit of having planted Red seed potatoes and Yukon Golds several years ago. Both keep reappearing and it has kept us well supplied and with little work effort, digging them during harvest time.

Well, I shall blame Thomas at A Growing Tradition, for what I just did. It seems much of his writing this month has focused on his winter vegetable garden, new catalogs and seed orders. He led me here and that writing got me excited about planting potatoes in pots, which then caused me to go here and place an order.

Ronninger's seed potatoes all sound delightful, but I limited my purchase to the smallest quantities of (4) four: Purple Viking, a Russian Banana and Rose Finn fingerling, and Dakota Rose. I am not sure what we will do with all of these potatoes... right, share them as we do all our other vegetables... but they should produce one beautiful array of color. I am excited.