Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful fathers!

To my father who has been gone for most of my life
but whose smile I yet can see;
to my fine brother who works as hard as any good father can be;
and to one of our sons who now has a little one that fondly proclaims daddy.

To my nephew, my cousins, to all the good men in my life whose influence I cherish, but especially to my husband who has been and is the most wonderful man and father... the best I know. Happy Father's Day.

What Makes A Dad is a poem I ran across, author unknown, and thought you might enjoy it.

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,

The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,

The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad